A journey from Africa to Berlin turns into an unexpected journey from childhood to adulthood. The film centers on Arlette, a 15-year old girl from the Central African Republic who suffered severe injuries during the last war. In Berlin a surgery frees her from the pain she had for years. But then war breaks out again in her homeland. What was planned to be a short stay in Berlin turns into a journey without a foreseeable end.
- “Youth Jury Award” Kinofest Lünen, Germany (2015)
- “Honorable Mention” achtung berlin – new berlin film award, Germany (2016)
- “Winner – Onion Seed Award” MakeDox, Republic of Macedonia (2016)
- “Best Documentary” Bushwick Film Festival, USA (2016)
- “Gaia Student Award” Bozcaada Int. Festival of Ecological Documentary (BIFED), Turkey (2016)